CrazyApple Press

John Findura - Poet. Reviewer. Critic. Ruggedly Handsome. Dashingly Good Looking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Hello all - here is my report on what is In and what is Out at this years AWP Conference in Washington D.C.

In: Beards and/or tattoos
Out: That guy wearing gold lame hotpants and 4-inch heels

In: Looking confused
Out: Actually being confused

In: Table X
Out: Being afraid of Table X

In: The Bloof Books and No Tell Books table
Out: The table with that strange man who just stared at everyone

In: The Coconut/Switchback reading at Madam Organs
Out: The scary falafel place next to Madam Organs

In: Free stuff
Out: Charging retail

In: Rae Armantrout's reading at the Shoreham
Out: finding Rae Armantrout's reading at the Shoreham

In: "I really like you're work"
Out: "Who the hell are you?"

In: Hot N Juicy Crawfish
Out: The huge Egyptian protest outside that distracted me from said crawfish

In: Meeting new and interesting people
Out: Squeezing 15 of them into an elevator that hold six

More to come...

4 Comments:

Blogger taypee said...

I fkin loved that guy with the hotpants.

4:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

Maybe I judged him too harshly in a moment of panic and confusion after I was almost trampled in the Egypt protest thing

8:52 PM  
Blogger youdi chen said...

As far as exclusives go JD Sports locks down another Nike number that is sure to have a few folks interested in importing them. The Air Max 97
Air Max 95
Air Max 180
Air Max 24 7
Nike Free Run
Air Max Fusion has hit shelves in a pretty cool colorway that includes obsidian and italy blue spread over the course of its
gradient upper. ##

10:10 PM  
Blogger youdi chen said...

So I Monster Tribute
Monster Miles Davis Tribute just got my Bright Chrome Heartbeats yesterday. I originally wanted the Dr. Dre Beats headphones when they first came out but they were out of my price range. Being a fan of Lady Gaga and liking to look fashionable while listening to music I had to get these. Plus the price was in my budget! I must say I'm quite impressed. Power Beats
Monster iBeats
Monster Beats Pro
Monster In-Ear
Diddy Beats
Lady Gaga Heartbeats
Monster Beats Studio
Beats Studio Cheap
Monster Solo They come very nicely packaged with a fashionable looking case to keep them protected. The look of the headphones are very nice and I am loving the tangle free cords. I will say at first listen I wasn't blown away by the sound. You have to make sure if you're using them with an ipod, iphone, itouch or whatever "i" device you own that you change the settings to "sound check On", and make sure you have the best fit in your ear for the ear buds. ##

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home