CrazyApple Press

John Findura - Poet. Reviewer. Critic. Ruggedly Handsome. Dashingly Good Looking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Hello all - here is my report on what is In and what is Out at this years AWP Conference in Washington D.C.

In: Beards and/or tattoos
Out: That guy wearing gold lame hotpants and 4-inch heels

In: Looking confused
Out: Actually being confused

In: Table X
Out: Being afraid of Table X

In: The Bloof Books and No Tell Books table
Out: The table with that strange man who just stared at everyone

In: The Coconut/Switchback reading at Madam Organs
Out: The scary falafel place next to Madam Organs

In: Free stuff
Out: Charging retail

In: Rae Armantrout's reading at the Shoreham
Out: finding Rae Armantrout's reading at the Shoreham

In: "I really like you're work"
Out: "Who the hell are you?"

In: Hot N Juicy Crawfish
Out: The huge Egyptian protest outside that distracted me from said crawfish

In: Meeting new and interesting people
Out: Squeezing 15 of them into an elevator that hold six

More to come...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer L. Knox said...

I fkin loved that guy with the hotpants.

4:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

Maybe I judged him too harshly in a moment of panic and confusion after I was almost trampled in the Egypt protest thing

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home